Job ID : 1903
Our client is a rapidly growing provider of sales training solutions. Forward-thinking and with a passion for employee engagement, they are looking to invite an Instructional Designer to join their dynamic team. Ideally you will be based in their offices in Dundee to really embrace the team cohesion, but if this isn’t a possibility they’re more than happy to allow remote working.
As an Instructional Designer, you will use your expertise and experience to create learning experience for new and existing content by applying innovative instructional design theories, practices and methods to create differentiated offerings that delight.
Your contribution to projects will involve participation in every phase of development from concept through the finished product. The ideal candidate will have exceptional writing abilities and an eye for design. Because the position involves conceptualizing and developing new innovative products, a background in a creative field is a plus.
• Assess overall curriculum needs
• Analyse the Insights learner community and identify their instructional needs
• Determine goals and objectives and the sequence in which to address them
• Create engaging learning activities and compelling learning content that enhances retention and transfer of our proposition
• Create content to bring learning journeys in our chosen areas of expertise to life in a bite sized and a modular fashion
• Create learning transfer content for our practitioners and our champions with client organizations
What you’ll do to succeed
• Develop content for our bite-sized and mobile solutions for a variety of subjects and industries
• Develop e-Learning content for a variety of subjects and industries
• Analyse learning aims and objectives and work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to design solutions that align with these
• Apply instructional design theories and practice to create your content
• Staying up to date with contemporary instructional design/e-learning trends and bring these to the work you develop
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams in the ideation phase of development
• Participate and lead multi-disciplinary collaborative events to develop your solutions
• Bring knowledge of contemporary instructional design methods and methodologies to Insights design practice
• Work effectively with colleagues to create compelling and engaging deliverables
• Plan internal reviews and subsequent updates of work prior to delivery
• Apply good project management governance and techniques
• Use appropriate writing styles to make content easy to understand for the target audience
• Produce well written audio and video scripts/storyboards to produce high quality course assets
• Follow the product development process and communicate effectively with the development team
• Plan your time effectively and work with senior team members to ensure you can meet deadlines on multiple projects
• Work with development, operations, and management teams to ensure development and delivery of products within allotted timeline and budget.
• Be exceptionally self-motived and directed
• Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively
• Be innovative and creative
• Able to make decisions, take ownership and accept accountability
• As a strategic, whole-company thinker
• Steeped in knowledge of what constitutes stellar client delivery experiences
• An excellent ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Be exceptionally self-motived and directed; a self-starter with high energy and strong work ethic
• You will have a proven track and good experience of building engaging learning and development content within a global business.
• BA/MA in Instructional design, education technology or similar
• Qualifications in instructional/curriculum design, particularly for blended learning delivery or a related area
• Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models, lesson and curriculum planning skills
• Good visual design skills (like Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and the ability to storyboard
• Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge and experience working with course development software and at least one Learning Management System
• Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio/video scripts
• Your knowledge of contemporary design methods and methodologies is advantageous
• Your knowledge of our current portfolio/or psychology based solutions is a major plus
• You will have excellent project management skills
• You will be flexible with ability to work under pressure and multi-task to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
• You will have excellent communication skills and have a desire to be part of a high achieving team that will set a standard for Insights
Salary : £35000 - £45000